Thursday, August 19, 2010

Speed work for the run

Last night, we had a track run.  After Tuesday night's massacre on Mount "Pleasant", practice was pretty quiet.  I think there were 6 of us plus a coach, 4 of whom were actually at the ride.  The track workout was 2000m warm up, 800m drills, then 3x 2000m @ 10k pace.  Now, I don't really know what my 10k pace is, so at this point I am just sorta running.  Although I know my 5k tri race pace is somewhere in the 5'00"/km range, I am trying to speed that up, so I decided to try to run at 4'30"/km.  I don't know what is wrong with my Nike+, but it doesn't seem to be calibrated correctly.  I think that, over 2km, it registers an extra 50-100m, because although it said I was running around 4'30", I was more in the 4'35"-4'40" range.  Now, I'm not complaining, and I am happy with that pace, but it'd be nice to actually get a proper calibration done.

Tonight's work out is a swim at Parc Jean Drapeau.  It's supposed to be around 3-3.5km of swimming.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment